Search This Blog

Friday, July 24, 2009

The Validator: Multiple Errors!!!: To fix them or not?

On the Internet there are many b logs and web sites on SEO, Search engine optimization, so why is this blog different? I do not have any Certification in SEO or a University Degree in Computer Science, I have learned though the school of hard knocks. I have had to learn everything I know about the subject by trial and error. There are many 101's on the subject on the Internet, books that you can read in your local library, and you can read this site. One of the best books you can actually read is the Dummies Book on SEO. It is one of the best that I have read and it will teach you a lot. Big laugh I can see!!!! Validating the web site's that you have to work on and checking them for errors is important. 98% of them that I see have errors in the coding. Here are the two Valida tors that you should use. http://validator.w3.org/ http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator 98% of them have errors. Mr or Mrs Web Designer who built the site, or SEO Professional that is working on the site, will say what does it matter? It matters a lot. The Google Index Bot will not Index you. Here is what one expert says. Having clean HTML is a very important step. If the crawler gets lost,it has nowhere to go but somewhere else. So if I am wrong some Expert e-mail me and let me. Fixing errors that local web designers build is a lot of work, and the clients get upset when I tell them I they have errors on their sites. So is Validating your www part of SEO. I say it is. If you disagree e-mail or leave a comment on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment