Search This Blog

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Content is King.Spelling, Grammar and Technical Writing Skills a must!!!!!

I will be the first to admit that my grammar, writing and spelling skills are not the best. I was always weak at English when I was a kid at school. I was good with practical skills, but in the Internet world what people read and see is the content of your bog or web site first. This gives people an impression of what you are and what you are about. Practise is the only way. I have even thought seriously of employing the services of a ghost writer, but I will have to do that at a latter date when the money starts rolling in. The best you can do is use a word processor like Word or Open Office and spell check everything you write, post and put on your web site or blog

Content is king. What you put into your blog or web site is what people want to read and learn. So you have to be an expert in your niche choice. With me that is SEO.Search Engine Optermiziation.There are literally hundreds of web sites on the Internet on SEO.So how are you going to beat the competition so to speak? The content is the key. What people have not already written about? Write about your experiences and people will be interested and read it.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more!

    How many times do we see typos and/or shocking grammar? It would put me off, so why not other visitors too : "gosh, they can't even spell - why would I use them to manage my SEO project or marketing strategy".

    As you say, there's simply no excuse for not doing a spell-check. But re-read the article and then read it again. You'll be amazed what slips through the net!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Given time and money, which is a problem at the moment, I will use a Ghost writer. You have to pay, but there are affordable ones out there

    ReplyDelete